5 Reasons Why You Should Buy Australian Made
For a long time, we have been encouraged to buy Australian made products. I’m sure you see the little green triangle with the Kangaroo symbol every time you walk into a store.
But do you know why it is so important to support our Australian designers, manufacturers, farmers and other quality Australian brands delivering world-class products?
First and foremost, Australian made products are subject to strict quality standards. When you buy Australian made you know that you are getting a high-quality product that is built to last.
We also have high safety standards, so this means that the materials used to create the products, or the practices used to grow the crops are closely monitored by governing bodies to ensure the Australian made products you buy will not affect your health or wellbeing.
2. Dependable Warranties and Guarantee
Every Australian product comes with Automatic Guarantees that protect you're the consumer.
As you can see from this exert from the Australian Consumer Commission website, you are protected automatically from a lot of common dangers when buying Australian made.
Since 1 January 2011, the following consumer guarantees on products and services apply.
Products must be of acceptable quality, that is:
- Safe, lasting, with no faults
- Look acceptable
- Do all the things someone would normally expect them to do.
Acceptable quality considers what would normally be expected for the type of product and cost.
Products must also:
- Match descriptions made by the salesperson, on packaging and labels, and in promotions or advertising
- Match any demonstration model or sample you asked for
- Be fit for the purpose the business told you it would be fit for and for any purpose that you made known to the business before purchasing
- Come with full title and ownership
- Not carry any hidden debts or extra charges
- Come with undisturbed possession, so no one has a right to take the goods away or prevent you from using them
- Meet any extra promises made about performance, condition and quality, such as life time guarantees, and money back offers
- Have spare parts and repair facilities available for a reasonable time after purchase unless you were told otherwise.
Many Australian companies take their warranties and guarantees even further to ensure you are completely happy with the quality and performance of the products they sell.
3. Support Local Industries and Economy
Every time you buy Australian made you support jobs, economic development and prosperity in Australia, which has a flow on effect that positively impacts all families and local communities.
Every small decision to buy Australian made creates a ripple effect that eventually benefits you, you family and your friends.
4. Good Working Conditions
In 2015 Australia had the highest minimum wage standards of any developed nation at $15.96 before tax and other deductions. We can also be proud to offer some of the safest and tightly regulated working conditions in the world.
When you buy Australian made you know you the workers down the line of production are receiving a fair wage in a safe, secure working environment.
5. Environmentally Friendly
Finally buying Australian made products ensures that strict environmental protection policies have been followed during the manufacturing process.
It also helps to reduce energy consumption used to transport products from overseas, which in turn reduces greenhouse gas emissions, making it a win-win for everybody.
View our range of ironing board covers: http://shop.sewroo.com.au/board-covers